Monday, September 19, 2011

Amaranthine

It's been about 2 months since I last completed a painting. "Willful Wiles" totally wore me out, and I had also begun a new job as a nanny (which is awesome, by the way). I had bought a new scarf a few weeks ago with a beautiful lace pattern, and I wanted to get a new piece going. I also have a small collection of antique frames, and I've been itching to use a particular one, so this piece is inspired by the frame and the lace and the word "amaranthine."

So! I took plenty of process photos. Enjoy!








There she is! "Amaranthine" measures 10" x 12" and was completed with watercolor and color pencil. Coming up soon is a print and the original for purchase! But first... I need to do some work on her antique frame, which you can see a hint of in the last process photo. :D

No comments: